05 February 2009

Geronimo

Untitled-1

I haven't really started thinking too much about spring yet but if I was thinking about spring, I might be thinking about swim suits. I'm so picky when it comes to swimwear and I never see any new suits that I like. Even most of the retro inspired vintage-y suits don't quite live up to the vision of the suit I have in my head. I've tried my hand at actual vintage swimwear only to find that the elastic is rotten or parts of them are stiff (ick!) or they completely stretch out of shape upon contact with water.

All of my swimwear issues may be a thing of the past if I can get my hands on one of these suits from Geronimo. They are the brainchild of California based Jenny Reyes who arrived at this collection after an enviable path that included designing stage costumes for Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins and interning at Rodarte. Each of the suits come in a variety of patterns/colors but honestly, I can't imagine them better than they appear here.

22 comments:

Heist said...

wow...that plaid suit on the left is adorable!

Anonymous said...

you must see orla kiely's new swimsuit collection!

lauren said...

I was online just last night once again searching for my perfect vintage swimsuit, alas, it is not to be found, not in the past 5 years! I declare this year is THE year!

i'm B. said...

oooh, love! i also find lots of lovely swimming apparel on anthropologie's website. painfully expensive, but lovely to look at.

Lexie said...

i love looking at swim suits, but i swim maybe once or twice the entire summer ... so actually spending money on one isnt exactly a priority lol.

Q's Daydream said...

Oh, how fabulous! I must get one of those! I love the Watson Twins, I saw them play last year, and got to meet them as well they are soooo sweet! ;o)

Anonymous said...

oo that first suit is marvelous, any rodarte intern would be perfect!

Cynthia said...

These swim suits look good. Thank you for making me know that brand!
I found a black and white Jantzen swim suit from the 50's on a flea market last year. I wore it last summer but never tried to go in the water with it. I'm scared of what could happen!

trishie said...

Oh wow, they are nice! and i think the high waist will be very flattering on the figure too!

Gina said...

im in love w/ the red plaid suit!

Anonymous said...

you always know about the best designers!!! I seriously would be the happiest girl in the world if I had that red and black plaid swimsuit!

Hailey Marie said...

There are fantastic! Thanks for sharing. :]

Anonymous said...

Those are so flipping cute!

Vanity of Perfection said...

they are so cute.
I wish we could have summer now...

AlicePleasance said...

The plaid one is fantastic, definitely the perfect shape :-)

nitovuori said...

Oh my, I really love the plaid one!

I don't do sunbathing, but I still have 3 bikinis which I never wear. I wish I could justify buying another one :)

Siru said...

I am dreaming of swimsuit season when I'll actually have brain to get good bikini instead of H&M.

juliet xxx

Laura said...

Love the plaid one!

LF said...

whoa! thanks for sharing. I love everything Jenny Lewis has on, probably can't afford this line-but will def be using it as inspiration for sure.

Naomi said...

oh, i love vintage swimsuits. I have to get me one!

The Watson Twins said...

Yeah! Jenny Reyes a.k.a. "reyrey" is an amazing designer and a pleasure to work with! x-the watson twins

cristine said...

the girl with the gorgeous plaid swimsuit kind of looks like you !:)