03 February 2009

New Old Things

Untitled-2
My plans for getting out and about today have been foiled by the snow that is now pouring past the window under which my desk sits. Instead of getting out and taking some photos for the blog like I'd hoped, my day has consisted of going to the grocery store (in pajamas and snow boots, mind you) and preparing packages for mailing. All of this after Yahoo suddenly decided I must be an evil spammer and temporarily locked me out of my email. Yikes! That was not a fun moment. All is well now and I'm snug in my apartment, content to watch the big fat snowflakes that are piling up on my window ledge.

I have to admit that I'm still enjoying the snowy weather. I think that's partly because it's a novelty to me since this is my first year living in a place where snow is the norm and also because I work from home and don't have to get out in it when I don't want to! But just because I'm content with the cold and snow doesn't mean I'm not starting to think about spring. All winter long I've been hiding away bits and pieces of a spring wardrobe like a little squirrel. Every time I find a sundress or sandals that I love, I just bury them in the back of my closet and try to forget about them. Here are a few of the things that I've packed away so far: a black and cream Young Edwardian halter dress with an antique lace collar, a blue and white embroidered silk chiffon dress from the 30's, a short sleeved knit 30's sweater (I actually found one!), a turn of the century tenerife lace corset cover to wear with high waisted skirts and two pairs of summery shoes (brown woven flats and a pair of 30's peep toe heels). OK, maybe I'm a bit more excited about spring than I'd like to admit. ;)

26 comments:

Parapluie said...

Very beautiful finds!

AlicePleasance said...

It's all so amazing!

Go for pajamas and snow boots...! I use to go to the grocery store this way too sometimes...luckily it's cold enough to cover everything with a more stylish coat ;-)

Zornitsa said...

the first dress is so sweet. I can not wait to see how are you going to wear it.

gossip-style.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That lace top is lovely! :) I have a few antique corset covers that I wear with high-waist skirts and such throughout the warmer months too. They always add such a neat element to any outfit!

Secondhand Stella said...

You have the makings of a great spring wardrobe so far! Love both blouses.

Jessica said...

all of these are so lovely! i especially love the black dress with the antique lace collar. i've begun to do the same thing...yesterday I couldn't help bringing home a whole pile of floral dress for the spring. eek!

Lauren said...

polka dots!!!!

Siru said...

I love the lace!

juliet xxx

Amelia said...

How do you always find such amazing stuff? That blue dress looks epic!

Manja said...

Wow! I absolutely adore the lace corset! Those are great finds, I must say :)

Nhu said...

You find the best stuff! I must admit, I wish you'd put some of those things on your eBay store. Whenever I see divinely covetable things, it's a closet post. :( But I don't blame you.

I especially love the first dress with the sweet collar and the dark shoes that look like Chie Mihara.

Anonymous said...

Everything you own always appears to have this amazing story behind it.. Not all vintage pieces appear as lovely as yours!

morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
morgan said...

I love that polka dot halter dress! Swoon!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the polka dots dresses.. The shoes looks great too. I hope you will sell them one day !

Lo said...

I cannot wait for spring! I am dreaming of being able to go outside in that black and white dress right now.

WendyB said...

Cute polka dots!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

great finds!

the internet has not been very nice to you, as of late!

Anonymous said...

wow! i love this collage! the tape is such a cool idea!

Anonymous said...

We had WAY more snow than usual in Vancouver this year, so I definitely had my fair share of snowed-in days over the past few months... I want spring clothes too! It's amazing how you're able to find such gorgeous things! I love the sweater!

Absy said...

I had to google what 'tenerife lace' was. Ah, so much to learn.

Stephanie said...

I love the first dress!

Zoƫ said...

wauw those dresses!!

LF said...

That cropped lace blouse is so adorable. can't wait to see the outfit with it involved.

Unknown said...

these are all gorgeous!

/maisie #1

ms_sparkles said...

LOVE LOVE LURVE that corset cover heaps!!!!

so fantastic! inspired me to look for one on my next thrifting trip!!!