13 June 2009

She's the Bee's Knees!

cpj

... or rather The Cat's Pajamas! It always makes me happy to see the clothes I sell find good homes. To me, each piece has a history and I love knowing that its story doesn't end in a trash heap or rotting away in the back of a closet. Wouldn't you love to know where your "new" vintage dress has been? Was it worn on a special occasion? Did someone lovingly hand make it? Did it go on any travels with its previous owner? I like to think when I ship a dress to Paris or Milan or Japan, whoever wore it first would be pleased to know that their dress is being worn by some stylish girl in a faraway city.

It's not often that after I part with a dress I get to see it in its new home. But such is the case with this 30s crepe number. I loved this dress but it wasn't quite right on me. It was just too pretty to waste away in the back of my closet so I knew it had to move on. I think it found the perfect new home with Jessica!

11 comments:

anabela / fieldguided said...

So perfect!

Anonymous said...

You should read a book titled A Vintage Affair! Bet you can totally relate to it! (:

Anonymous said...

Her blog isn't that interesting.

AlicePleasance said...

Jennifer, I tagged you... :-)

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

People can be so rude - try adding a name next time.

april said...

aww jessica's the sweetest little thing!
as soon as she posted those photos, i knew that i recognised that dress from somewhere. i knew i had wanted it for my own at one point, but it really couldn't find a better home than jessica!

Jessica said...

Aw, gosh, thank you so, so much for posting this--I appreciate it tons!!! It really means a lot :) You're the cat's meow! ;)

xx

the snail and the cyclops said...

Anonymous, do mind your manners!

Isabel said...

Ooh, I love the idea of clothes finding the perfect home. Looks like the crepe number got lucky!!

Andrea said...

I love your blog, I love vintage. I am always stealing my mum's old clothes and looking in vintage shops.
I love how you say every piece of clothing has a story. I like to think so to. I hope to see ore of your clothes.

Meghan said...

:0)