30 December 2009

It wakes me up and shakes my bones...

a

photos by Tom b.

- floral 90s dress worn as a top
- 60s wool skirt
- H&M sweater
- AA winter leggings
- vintage wool beret
- UO boots
- listening to: Sparta - Porcelain "While Oceana Sleeps"

Here are some more shots that Tom took while we were hanging out on my parent's property down in 'Bama. I was so excited about the 50-something degree temps I hardly packed warm enough clothes. I had to come up with some creative combinations with what I had in the suitcase to make up for my overzealousness when it came to the "warmer" weather.

Sooo... if I could finally talk about something besides the weather - aren't these woods the best?! I think that they are. There's a little stream that trickles down the hillside and feeds into a bigger creek. Over the bridge there's an area thick with ferns and there's a little screened-in cabin with porch swings and a cot for spending the night and listening to the coyotes howl.

b

15 comments:

Fabiola "Fab" said...

you've got the perfect model look!!
love you outfit!

Unknown said...

Wow, awesome outfit :-)
Love the bag && boots espesh...

Panda x

Cute blog = *follows you*

Danielle said...

I like the dress worn as a shirt. I do that sometimes too.

Sidewalk Chic said...

Love your outfit! Those photos are stunning.
- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Dawn said...

I really like the outfit you came up with. The print with those greys and blacks is perfect.

Your parents land looks much like our Arkansas farm, stream and all.

Christina said...

I think I'm going to try the dress-as-top look! This outfit is so muted and pretty. Those woods are pretty fantastic, too!

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

Awesome photos! Love the lighting! And you look great in them! :)

N said...

Gorgeous photos! Those woods are so magical. They kind of remind me of Covington Woods from "The Village" I absolutely love the whole outfit, especially the floral dress!

Natalie xx
(aka The Wandering Writer)

Annie, Time Enough for Drums said...

I adore this ensemble; it's perfect. Annie.

Brittany said...

Glad you had a good vacation! These pictures are stunning. Great outfit, as always of course.

corrie said...

whoa. the photo in the 2nd row to the bottom looks like a painting. knowing you have access to locations like this make me pretty jealous. as much as i love being a city girl, this just seems a little more special.

the spectator said...

Honestly, sometimes models are asked to do some really stupid things.

Happy New Year and best wishes for continued success in 2010.

Ashley said...

Happy new year! You look amazing as always!

Roxana C said...

you're always so surprising regarding outfit choices! this one is now my personal favorite! you look lovely! xoxo

Coco said...

Amazing! These pictures are so lovely! and your outfit adorable!

Happy New Year,

-Coco from Our Paper Moon