25 February 2010

Musser Park

a

photos by Tom b.

- 30s silk chiffon dress
- Fletcher for Lyell velvet jacket
- Target socks
- 30s oxfords
- 40s Bond Street bag
- vintage wool beret

Just the other day Tom and I took advantage of a little bit of sunshine and above freezing temperatures to get some fresh air in the park down the street. There's still plenty of snow on the ground (and 8 more inches coming today!) but it was refreshing to finally see some blue sky for a change.

I didn't have a lot of time to write yesterday when I posted about my sponsorships so I wanted to take a second to say something today. Rest assured that I don't plan on turning this space into Times Square with flashing ads and pop ups that assault you when you come to visit. I see the sponsorships as a way to connect with other Etsy sellers, bloggers and small business owners. Thank you for the encouraging comments and as for the anonymous naysayers (why are they always anonymous?) I think you'll see it's really not going to change things around here too much.

On another note, sorry it's been so quiet in the Etsy shop! I've been in the middle of a major office overhaul and I'm finally starting to feel organized after our move (yes, it's been that long!). I'm also working on getting a big pile of spring time dresses ready for you. In the meantime, I will be taking photos today for a little shop update tomorrow.

b

31 comments:

h.tea said...

Ooh! I love this <3 So cuuute :D

Really, really love your hair colour :D

Anonymous said...

I Love Your Dress...
Kisses ;*

Q's Daydream said...

adore!!! this is an amazing outfit!! you seriously have such a Bonnie Parker look to most of your outfits, LOVE!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

This is a great dress. You always seem to find the nicest things. that's so cool to me.

Rosie said...

Perfection.

Starr Crow said...

beautiful. i love the sheer layer of your dress revealing just a bit of skin underneath and the undeniable 30's cut. the jacket fits in perfectly.

tess said...

i love the way you wore the socks

BaronessVonVintage said...

PERFECTION...those shoes with the socks and the dress and the beret. Just LOVE

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

your dress is beautiful! xo

Maria Confer said...

That dress with the little velvet jacket is a 40's dream. I was drooling over that jacket during the holidays and was so sad it went out of stock.

Love the colonial row houses behind you. They remind me of where I used to live in Boston.

Lulu Letty

Meaghan Kelly said...

aww that velvet cardi is too good! and i love the ankle socks! i'm thinking of doing the same today! :)
i think it's true that "haters" always hide behind the anonymous option....don't even listen your blog is amazing and I think supporting each other with sponsorships and advertising is a great thing! :)

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

These pictures are awesome!! You look great! I live right near Musser Park!! :) What a small world!

Samantha said...

Pretty dress, I love the socks too :)

BB said...

oh how i wish i had those darling oxfords on my own tootsies right now ...

Twila's Vintage said...

I really like the dress. Conservative yet sheer and beautiful! Pretty!

Twila
blog.twilasvintageclothing.com

Lulu said...

i really really REALLY (emphasis on really) love your shoes! =]

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

You look absolutely darling in this dress! Its sort of hints towards spring with the white polka dot detail on the dress.

inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

küçükhanım. said...

waaauuww!
you'r perfect as always!
and really I admire and adore your shoes and bags!
wonderful :D

Kate said...

Mustard colored socks + oxfords= the most perfect combination ever. So lovely!

guildedsecret. said...

impeccable. the fact that this gorgeous dress is slightly sheer takes the entire outfit to another level. love the slightly longer length and the combination of navy blue and black. i've always loved that combination!

xo.
princesspolitico.blogspot.com

svenskaussie said...

Wow it looks chilly with all that snow. Love your outfit, you really suit strong primary colours like that navy, just stunning against the white of the snow.

Anonymous said...

As a new reader, I have to say I greatly enjoy seeing your everyday wear! It's ever so romantic and vintage and wonderful. Lucky you that you have the confidence! It looks great!

Rosa said...

oh how do you stay so cute even thought you must be freezing?? I cant even manage that in the warm winter here, still bulked out by layers and unflattering shoes! you're an icon!
xx

Kristin said...

Those oxfords are seriously to die for!!

I think sponsorship for your blog is a fabulous idea. Your blog is so well established and professional. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sponsorships!

Jules said...

Your hair looks so great! And your dress is cute.

Jules
Soloden.Com
The Brown Mestizo

Anonymous said...

Adorable outfit

D.

bestie said...

Lovely as always. I adore your dress.(:

Isabelle † said...

beautiful pictures, the snow gives it like a ''special touch of magic''.
You're blog is amazing!

Check out my blog
> new inspiring post ;)
x

thefakebitch.

Jenni said...

A gorgeous dress and a gorgeous outfit, per usual. Love the colors. I actually kind of like the idea of sponsors... I'm sure you'll pick good ones, and I can add a few new shops to my favorites. :D

Kate said...

Ahhh cute! Love the socks. :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty dress, great shots!