19 February 2010

New Vintage Finds

Untitled-1

I promise I will eventually feel like showing my face on the blog again but today is not the day. Still sneezing, still coughing, still feeling like a pile of blah. It's just a nasty cold but, boy has it got me down! Luckily I have cats to snuggle with and a boyfriend who cooks for me so I haven't really had to move from the couch too much. So, from the confines of the couch, I thought I'd share the things I picked up on my vintage shopping trip earlier this week.
  • There have been quite a few contenders for the "perfect little black dress" over the years but all of them have ended up letting me down in one way or another. Most have moved on to better homes through the shop. I think this one might be a winner. It needs the tiniest tweak in the bust and I think I could live in it this summer.
  • This skirt I picked up at Mommalicious. It looks like something I could find at Anthropologie but for a fraction of the price. For some reason it makes me think of ice cream. Maybe it's the Baskin Robbins color scheme or because it sort of looks like Dippin' Dots?!
  • Tom's calling these my Almost Famous sunglasses. I can't wait to wear them with hippie chick dress and braids this summer!
  • A pretty 40s floral print carpet bag with wooden closure. All I need is this with my little back dress and a pair of sandals for summer.
  • This was the craziest Salvation Army find; a pair of 30s peep toe pumps! I just closed my eyes and prayed my foot would fit as I tried them on. They're just perfect! And surprisingly comfortable. Now if all of the ice would melt I could actually wear them out of the house.
  • Last but not least, yet another vintage Coach bag to add to the collection. It think that might bring me up to about... 10? This one is just like the black one I've been carrying to death but in a nice buttery brown.
Untitled-2

18 comments:

rachel red lips said...

ohhh! that is the sweetest little black dress! you've had quite a bit of good luck

feel better!

Kelley Anne said...

You find the most amazing things. I've never had much luck at Salvation Army...much less flawless 30's peep toes. The little floral bag is my favorite of all...but they're all so wonderful.

Rosie said...

Sweet deals! Everything looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

great! i love the coach bag. when will you put them to your etsy shop?

Melissa said...

I love the sunnies. Make me think of John Lenon for some reason though. =) Something tells me you're totally thinking of summer now. Look at that skirt! *hearts*

AlicePleasance said...

The skirt and the dress are wonderful! Get well soon :-)

Aïcha said...

ahh i like this !

BB said...

My prescription for you? Take at least two naps today and blog about it all in the morning :)

P.S. Love that magical moment when you slide your foot into the perfect pair - and it fits! So very Cinderella.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until I have the money to go thrifting again. I've missed it so much. Now I'm off to find a job!

Lexie said...

i love the floral bag! i cant say my salvation army isnt great, but i dont think i ever find this much great loot in one trip!

reckless daughter said...

fabulous LBD! I also can't wait to see you in these sunglasses. they're going to look awesome, I can tell!

~ m

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Gosh I'm so jealous about those shoes! Such a lucky find!!

myedit said...

The dress does indeed look like perfection and the peep toes are an amazing find! Especially since they fit like Cinderella's shoe!

Anonymous said...

That has to be the most beautiful design I've ever seen on a carpet bag!! I can only find ones with possessed cats or palm trees! Nice score!

~ megan ~

Bree said...

beautiful finds!

Market Publique said...

I hope you feel better!

Love all the things you're keeping. Isn't that the hardest part? Not keeping everything? I have such a hard time letting go, especially since I only buy things I really love for both myself and for my shop.

Love the peeptoes, what a lucky find!

O M G said...

Oh M Geee!
I Love love love love love love love love love love love love love love the sunnies!!!

* Pray and hope that you don't sell that expensive in your shop!

Fringarde said...

That explains MY addiction to old leather Coach bags: it's NORMAL! (I have three so far...four if you include the one my daughter found at the Salvation Army).