23 June 2010

The old clock is getting heavy-handed...

a

- AA tri-blend tank
- thrifted boy's plaid shorts
- 80s flats
- thrifted belt
- vintage Coach purse
- tote courtesy of Family Affairs
- listening to: Radio Birdman "What Gives?"

On Tuesday Tom and I headed out to Roots Market for the first time this summer. It's held every Tuesday out in farm country and it's sort of a farmer's market/flea market. This week we were on the lookout for a couple of things for the house; something to hold my collection of vintage umbrellas and a hat/coat rack to put by the front door. We didn't find either of those things but I did end up buying four packs of vintage playing cards with dogwood blossoms on them to use as tag for my Etsy shop items. We also came home with a bag full of fresh fruit to have for breakfast this week. Yummm!

Untitled-1

20 comments:

kara lynn said...

those thread spools really entice me to the many things someone could do with them. are you planning on making any projects with all of them?

mandy said...

Hi the shorts look lovely and I especially like the car window reflection photo, I also want those hats.

AlicePleasance said...

That's a very fresh and nice outfit. It's relaxed but you also look so put together as always, love it! AA tri-blend is my favorite fabric at the moment, I can't live without their deep v neck tees these days!
The "reflection picture" is marvellous :-)

tess said...

oo I love browsing flea markets! Yiur shorts are fantastic

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

colourful fun shorts! they match the pretty fruit!

Marchewkowa said...

I love your shorts!

LittleRachael said...

Love the shorts!

Little Rachael Vintage
Http://littlerachaelvintage.blogspot.com

Jenni said...

Best shorts ever!

Talia said...

nice colors of shorts ;)

Celia said...

Haha. I just bought some pair of pants, which are similar to the ones you are wearing. How funny!
http://vagueunrest.blogspot.com/2010/06/30052010.html

kelly ann said...

i always love your photos! :)

reckless daughter said...

These shorts are really great! love this outfit.

Lisa said...

wow those shorts are incredible! I think I have found mt final outfit for my edition of the fab 5 on my blog! I've been searching for my fave highwaisted shorts look for this months edition and this is perfect!
I just wanted to get the ok from you to use your pick(w/link of course)

starshipnarcissus@gmail.com

Morgan and Lua said...

The brown tone of that bag is perfect! I love a good farmer's market. The radishes look delicious!

www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

roberta jane said...

Great car-reflection photo!

electricsbubbles said...

I love this short *_*

kisses!

MarieBayArea said...

nice shorts. i wish had your long, pretty legs.

Lexie said...

man ... why don't i ever check the little boys' section of thrift stores?! what a great pair of shorts!

Unknown said...

glad to see your taste in music extends to early Australian punk! Rob Younger lives down the road from me... They did a benefit gig a couple of years ago and man did I have a blast in the mosh!

Anonymous said...

I adore this outfit!!!

As a new reader of your blog, I just had to say Wow, so much beauty and inspiration.

Will be sure to check out your etsy store.

xTL
www.hippyhappytink.blogspot.com