30 September 2010

All Things Orla

orla

I know I'm all about fall, fall, fall right now and I'm not changing my tune any time soon. BUT! I couldn't help but ooh and ahh over the peek at the Orla Kiely spring collection. These two dress are just too sweet for words. Carrie from WishWishWish was lucky enough to view the collection in person (well, at least cardboard cut-outs of the collection) and if you haven't seen her photos, you should hurry right over to her blog to gawk at all the wonderful perfectly Orla dresses. And then of course there's the photo of Carrie with Leith Clark in a most enviable Orla dress!

I haven't gotten my hands on a copy of Orla Kiely's book yet, but I've only heard great things about it. You can imagine my surprise when Starr told me that my blog is mentioned in the book! Apparently there's section in the book that is dedicated to blogs and their importance in the world of fashion today. Thanks so much to whoever included this blog in the book!

book
Thank you for the photos Starr!

5 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

These are so precious....congrats on being featured in the book...how cool!!!


Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
Statements in Fashion Blog

Elizabeth said...

I do love a bit of Orla Kiely. The book sounds fab too, I must put it on my wishlist. Congrats on the mention - that's awesome.

Lexie said...

did they not contact you to let you know you would be in the book? i think it's amazing you were featured, but a little bizarre they didn't have someone ask your permission first!

Emily Blackapple said...

That peachy dot dress on the left is a real killer! And it's so rad that you're mentioned in the book.

I'm still feeling a little burned by Orla K. because of a sad incident involving that mod wool jacket with the white buttons from the Fall '10 collection. It seemed so perfect, so I saved my pennies for it. It arrived a few days ago and was orange (not red, like I hoped), and the double-wool is really scratchy and weird. Pricey return to the UK, but I should've known better.

Sadness!

Starr Crow said...

Aw, your welcome!! You can only imagine my surprise when I turned to that page to see all my blogger friends there!! How cool that they're even noticing our blogs. :)