02 November 2012

The Dust Bowl

dust bowl

I'm really looking forward to nerding out in front of the television on November 18th and 19th to catch the Ken Burns documentary on The Dust Bowl on PBS.  That era has always fascinated me;  from Dorothea Lange and her fellow FSA photographers to the writing of John Steinbeck.  I think it probably all started with reading The Grapes of Wrath in high school.  If this documentary is half as good as the one on The Civil War, we're in for a real treat. 

dust bowl2

3 comments:

theslowcatwalk said...

Very great pictures.

Sandra Kide said...

I read The Grapes of Wrath this summer and really LOVED it! I hope you'll tell us how it was.

Anonymous said...

Florence Thompson is the famous one from Life Magazine. I didn't know that her picture was taken because of the dustbowl. Crazy shots!
+Victoria+